Reasons for Coming
Why join us at Upper Gornal Methodist Church?
If you are considering visiting or joining a church, here are five good reasons to come to Upper Gornal Methodist Church:
Reasons for coming to Upper Gornal Methodist Church:
- A warm friendly church catering for all ages with Sunday School for morning services
- Good parking with modern facilities
- Easy worship style with a variety of preachers
- Strong biblical and relevant preaching for the modern world in which we live
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in the church activities (if you wish to)
- We believe that God loves the whole world and all its people. Our church exists to witness to this eternal truth.
- Each Sunday we come together as one people to offer Praise and Thanksgiving to God, as shown through his Son Jesus Christ, in the church, the community and world-wide.
- We try to show our faith in action as well as words and we believe we are all responsible for caring one for another.
- We are called by God to respect one another, regardless of ethnicity, age, gender or culture.
- To learn how we can be more effective in mission and outreach, and to deepen links ecumenically, especially with the Local Churches in our community.
- To support Mission from a globalised perspective through Mission Partners and to encourage and enable one another to take the next step on our spiritual Pilgrimage. To have more involvement in the life of the Community and to increase the membership of Upper Gornal Methodist Church.
- To work inclusively alongside Children and Young People and to establish more effective communication within the life and witness of the church family.
- To ensure that all our workers with children and young people attend the Safeguarding Workshop and wholeheartedly adopt Upper Gornal Methodist Church Code of Practice.